For students who get excited by new technologies and seek a scale-up environment
Venture IQ is a scale-up that assists corporates and venture capital funds to find, screen and analyse technology companies to partner with or invest in. Our software Catalist helps us do this as efficient as possible. Venture IQ was founded in Amsterdam, in 2015, and we are now serving a growing number of leading Corporate Companies and Venture Capital Funds in various industries.
Our Analysts are at the forefront of helping innovation make its way to the world. They scout new promising technology companies for our clients. Your primary role will be to generate interesting dealflow by looking for the next startup gem while being supported by our in-house developed software tool to scout early stage technology companies.
With our team, you will be working for investment- and innovation teams of leading corporates and venture capital funds. You will learn about our clients’ strategies: which tech/innovation trends are visible in several sectors and who are the most exciting pioneers? As an Analyst at Venture IQ you will learn what makes the difference between good technology and a good venture deal.
Together with our team, you will be looking at the cutting edge of technologies. You will learn to assess technology companies using our proprietary tools and link them to corporate strategies. We appreciate open-minded, self-starting independent colleagues who are interested in learning and developing themselves and always look for new ways to find technology companies matching our clients’ interest.
Former Innovation Analysts have found analytical positions in the investment community, strategy consulting and technical roles, such as HAL Investments, NPM Capital, Accenture and Vortex Capital Partners.
- A part time paid position at a fast-growing scale-up
- We help you grow in company assessment- and deal scouting techniques
- You will be able to learn from experienced VC professionals whilst having a high level of operational freedom
- You will be part of our diverse and dynamic team which is always open to (your) ideas
- You will be working in a high energy working environment in the heart of Amsterdam, including great lunches including our homemade salad bar (only outside of lockdowns of course)
- We organise bi-monthly workshops by and for the team
- Third year Bachelors or Master Student
- Average GPA of 8 or higher
- Minimum availability of 1 year
- Available for 2 days a week
- Has excellent communication skills and is fluent in English
- We are looking for are highly analytical independent person who is accurate and disciplined in their way of working
- You love innovations and new technologies and are eager to learn about them
- Extracurricular activities (e.g. student consultancy, board member)
- Starting date: asap
Key activities and responsibilities
- Scouting relevant companies for clients, i.e. searching for companies using proprietary Venture IQ software and tools, as well as third party tools and databases
- Using Venture IQs ‘Catalist’ to create company profiles including relevant tags, and company collections for Venture IQ and for its clients
- Gathering data on companies that have been identified for the purpose of ranking and screening companies
- Performing structured interviews with the management teams of selected companies
- Data visualisation and preparing presentations for clients
- Various external interactions with (potential) clients, including business development activities, project kick-off meetings, update meetings and presentations.